Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fall Leaves Mani + Tutorial Featuring Barielle Hot Chic Collection

Good morning! It's another Tuesday and I'm telling you, I am already ready for Friday! Today, I have a fall-inspired mani using a few of the Barielle polishes I showed off two weeks ago. This mani uses Barielle Secret Desire for the base. The leaves are hand painted with Barielle Orange U Jealous, and the outline/detail is done with Barielle Harley D.



Now, on to the tutorial!


Step 1: Paint your nails a solid color. In this case, I used Barielle Secret Desire.

Step 2: Draw a pointed oval shape (like a football) using the color you choose for your leaves - I used Barielle Orange U Jealous? here.

Step 3: Paint additional leaf shapes on the nail using the same color. I start with a line, then add the edge shapes to ensure it comes out relatively symmetrical.

Step 4: Carefully outline your leaves using a fine detail brush and your darker color. I used Barielle Harley D here. This is your opportunity to fix any mistakes made in steps 2-3. :)

Step 5: Draw a fine line down the center of each leaf using your detail brush in the same dark color.

Step 6: Add the "veins" for the leaves using the detail brush. I use a very light touch for this to make them lighter than the center vein. It's ok to go so light that you have uneven strokes. It actual makes it look more natural.

Step 7: Add your topcoat and admire your handiwork. ;)

Hooray! I'm starting to enjoy these tutorials! Hopefully I will get better at it over time. I struggle with the whole having to stop and take pictures of every step thing. It's hard to stop and start once the creative juices get flowing! lol


Thank you so much for looking. If you guys are appreciating these tutorials, please let me know. And let me know if there is a particular mani I have done in the past, or any other style you would like me to do a tutorial for! I need the practice, so I will be happy to oblige. :) Have a great week! I'll have another mani for you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.