Monday, August 24, 2015

Rainbow Honey August Mystery Bag

Hey guys - here is my mystery bag post, late as usual! I really thought I would have enough time to get this post up last week, but it just did not happen. :) Ah well. Other things had to come first. So I got my bag about 2 weeks ago, and it came with two polishes, Red Jelly Sandals and Mr. Saturn, their base coat, bath oil, perfume, and a new product they are making called bath tea.


I tried out the perfume and it smells pretty good. It is sweet smelling, so don't wear it out to a picnic or you will be swarmed by insects haha. But it's great for the office or for your hot date with your significant other. I didn't get to try the tea or oil yet, but I am very intrigued. I'll try to remember to let you all know how it is once I finally use it.


I did swatch both polishes so that I could share those. The first one I have to show you is Red Jelly Sandals. It is just what it sounds like: a red jelly polish reminiscent of those jelly sandals that were so popular when I was a kid. For the record I never owned a pair....or if I did, I hated them because I don't remember them. Ha! I used two coats here, so you can see it is quite thin. It painted on very smoothly though and was perfect for that pond manicure I showed off a couple of days ago.


Next, is Mr. Saturn. This is a pale peachy cream with tiny flakies and shimmers throughout. I did two coats here. The polish dragged a bit as I applied it, so if you get this one, let it dry all the way before you add a second coat. It's really pretty, and I will definitely be busting this one out come winter/spring. I had a really hard time capturing the sparkle on the nail, but you can see them in my macro.


Thank you so much for looking. I will have my Julep swatches for you sometime before the end of August (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.