Thursday, August 6, 2015

52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge - Neon Tie Dye

Good morning everyone! I'm rushing off to work in a minute, but wanted to get this post up so that you can all see the neon glory. I decided to skip the "fugly" prompt because I have a hard time determining ugliness. I know that sounds weird, but I can think in my head something is ugly, however, I just can't create something ugly on purpose. It always ends up somehow not looking ugly to me anymore. That's a serious ego right there. Bahaha, but really, it's not ego at all. The perfectionist in me creeps out while I'm painting and before I know it, my work doesn't look half bad. I can't make it stop lol.


For this mani, I am combining prompts for two different challenges. I am doing my first week of The Stamping Plate Challenge as well here since the prompt for that is "over a neon base". I love it when challenge prompts align! ;)


I used 6 colors from the China Glaze Electric Nights collection in this manicure. They are Glow With The Flow, Red-y To Rave, Daisy Know My Name?, Treble Maker, DJ Blue My Mind, and Violet-Vibes. I painted the tie dye pattern over a plain white base using small strokes in a spiral pattern. I did one color at a time so that I could paint them on top of eachother to try to achieve the look of colors bleeding together.


After that, I stamped over it using an image from CICI&SISI plate 23 and Konad Special White.


Thank you so much for stopping by today. Make sure you take a peak at what everyone else did for this week's prompts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.