Wednesday, June 24, 2015

52 Week Pick n Mix - Scales + Navy

Good morning and happy hump day! We are already halfway through the work-week, ladies and gents! Yay! Work has been an absolute nightmare for me lately, so nailart is a welcome escape. I'm also back on the whole low carb diet kick again as it seems to be the only thing that works, so I am in need of lots of distraction. This means that I gave myself a nice long time to work on this, and I'm super pleased with how they came out.


I decided to do some stamping decals for this mani, and was stoked that the idea I had in mind actually worked in practice. I just love it when that happens! I started off with a base of The New Black's Navy (it has no name that I can find). This navy is fabulously opaque. I only used one coat - there is a swatch at the bottom of this post. After that, I created a stamp decal using Mash-39 and Julep Harley. Then I painstakingly filled in *almost* every scale using alternating colors in a random pattern. I left some unfilled so that my navy base could show through.


I chose polishes that would all allow my navy base to show through, so I used mostly topper-type polishes (glitters, shimmers, iridescent polishes, etc.). This included Julep Brooke, Fresh Paint Dragon Lady, Butter London Petrol, China Glaze Take a Trek, Wet n Wild Stick it to the Man, and Finger Paints In the Monet.


Here is what The New Black's Navy looks like on it's own. The few bubbles are from my topcoat and not the polish. I guess no amount of Seche Restore can bring this poor baby back. I had to send it to it's polish grave. :(


Thank you so much for stopping by! Here's hoping your weekends all come quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.