Friday, April 17, 2015

Abstract Sun Nailart

This week's prompt was "abstract" and I found myself digging through all of my plates and finding absolutely nothing that I wanted to use. Not about to buy new plates just for this one prompt, I went back through each plate objectively to pick out the ones that actually had an image that could be deemed "abstract" and that I had not already used in some previous nail art post. That is how I came across this image that looks like a sun with rays. I'm not really sure why I went with a white background...I am wishing I went with a yellow/orange gradient. That would have looked way cooler. Oh well.



I used essie marshmallow for my base and then stamped the sun image using Nicole by OPI Challenge Red-y. I contemplated making it matte after that, but honestly I hated this mani so much, I didn't bother. The image is from Bundle Monster plate BM-402. I'm definitely going to try out this mani again with a different background. This image is cool, and I totally ruined it haha! Here is what essie marshmallow looks like by itself. It's a nice white, but it is a sheer crelly type polish, so it took a good 3 coats to be completely opaque. I like how shiny it is.


Thank you so much for looking. Make sure you take a look at everyone else's abstract manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.