Saturday, February 21, 2015

Floral manicure - Leadlighting Technique

I tried my hand at leadlighting for the first time, and let me tell you: it is AWESOME. I like it even more than making my own stamping decals! I did this pretty floral manicure in such a short amount of time using the leadlighting technique. I've been asked to give some tutorials on here, so I'm going to try to get better about taking pictures throughout my nail painting process. Of course, I failed to do that for this one, but there are already tons of tutorials out there for leadlighting, so for now, I will direct you to this one. :)


I started off by painting all my nails white using Pure Ice SuperStar!, then I stamped over it with Konad Special Black using MoYou London Explorer plate 03. After I had my stamped image done on each nail, I worked on filling in the design using a whole bunch of Sally Hansen polishes that I mixed with a clear top coat.


I used 8 different polishes to color in the image in this manicure: Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!, Kiwi Bikini, Perfect Pear-ing, Mellow Yellow, Peach Beach, Razz-Berry, Lacey Lilac, and Purple Craze. This was super fun to do, and I absolutely love the result! I encourage all of you to try this method - it's fast and turns out so nice!


I did this mani as part of a weekly challenge for my stamping group on facebook. Please make sure that you check out what they did for their leadlighting manicures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.