Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stamping Over Nail Foils

Hi everyone. I feel like I am going completely crazy with work right now, so I barely have time to even think about my nails, let alone paint them, and post about it! It's only Wednesday and I've already put in 30 hours- yikes! Anyway, I experimented with nail foils on Sunday night, and wanted to share my results.



Nail foils are hard! It probably would have been easier if I used the right glue, but I didn't have any, so I made do with some scrapbooking craft glue that I had. I have seen other people paint their nails with the glue and then use a cuticle pusher to rub the foil on. Mine did not go that way. I tried the pusher, and only got little bits of the foil, so then I just used my fingers to press the foil on. It worked better, but I got little shreds of the foil instead of a nice smooth design. This means I need to buy the darn glue I guess. It had it's own unique look once I was done, so I guess I don't mind.


After I got my foil down, I used Sally Hansen Pure Chrome to stamp a design from MoYou London's Explorer plate 03. It was a very bright and shiny manicure once this was all done. I liked it, but the glue I used started peeling at the edges, so I lost bits of my design after a day or two. I wonder if the proper glue for nail foils does that too?


Well, I have to go to bed. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow, and don't work as many hours as I probably will. Oh and also, don't forget about entering my giveaway - it is ending in a couple days! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.