Friday, January 23, 2015

52 Week Pick n Mix - 3 Shades of Green + Fire = Maleficent Nails

Hi! So the first thing that popped into my head when I saw fire and green was Maleficent. And I have been wanting to do a Disney manicure, so I decided to go for it. I am pretty happy with how this one turned out, too. I miss doing freehand nail art. I really need to get back into doing it more, but it's so hard to find the time when there are dirty dishes and laundry that need to be taken care of after work. :)


I started off with a white base so that my bright greens would pop better. This manicure is mostly freehand, but for my index and ring fingers, I did use a flame stamp from Bundle Monster plate BM12 to help me get the outline of the flames the way I wanted it. The three shades of green I used were Color Club Twiggie, Essie The More The Merrier, and Zoya Tilda. I used about 9 or so other colors, so I'm not going to list them all out here.


I feel like my freehand just keeps improving and I'm so in love with these tiny brushes I ordered online a few months ago. They have really helped me step up my game in terms of freehand. The tip of the bristles stay nice and pointed so that I can make fine lines so much better than I used to. I took a bunch of close-up pictures of each nail, so you can see them better - especially the dragon.


Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this nail art, and make sure you look at what everyone else did for the flame and green/yellow prompts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.