Saturday, January 18, 2014

January Julep It Girl Box

Hi everyone! I received my January box from Julep a couple weeks ago, and finally have my swatches ready to share. The colors were very muted and wintery. I was actually really bored with them and planned to skip, but as usual, I forgot to skip. After swatching them, I decided that I am glad I didn't skip because now I own a good nude color. I didn't have one before.


The first color I am going to show to you is Farrah. It is called a silk finish, so I did not add any topcoat. It was semi-matte. It's funny I didn't think I would like any of these colors, but I kind of like this soft purple shimmer. I think it will look great in a Spring manicure. It went on very nicely too. This is two coats.


This satin finish white, Hope, is my least favorite of the bunch, but then again, it is probably just the absence of color that makes me dislike it. It was not a great opaque white, so the only thing I can think of that I will do with this is use it was a base for some nice matte nail art, or under some neons.


This last color is the nude that I was talking about at the beginning of my post. It is named Annemarie and is very neat looking and would be great for a job interview, or some time when you need your nails to be somber and serious.I can definitely use this in some fab nail art down the road, too, so yay! This was a better cream than the white. It only took two coats. Ignore the mess on my thumb - I have got to find a better fast dry topcoat. Seche Vite is killing me with its shrinking act.


Well that is all, I am going to go play video games now and maybe paint my nails after that! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.