Sunday, November 24, 2013

November Julep It Girl Box + Autumn

I figured I better show off the November box before the month ends. October is a bust. I took pictures, but I don't really see the point in posting it now. Maybe I will post it next year, like a throwback, haha. If anyone wants to see it, let me know, and I will consider writing a post for it.


So, anyway, I have four polishes to show off here. I thought they were all nice, and most importantly, none of them were similar to colors that I already have. Yay! And as always, it felt like opening up a birthday present, which I always love. :)


First up, we have Chloe. This is a lovely dark bronze with coppery shimmer. It had a nice formula and dried shiny.

Julep Chloe

Next, we have Lola. I loved that this was a navy cream. For some reason, I have a hard time finding a nice dark blue without any shimmer. This polish was a bit difficult to apply. For some reason, the polish kept dragging as I did the second coat. It does dry matte, so maybe I should have let it dry longer before going for the second coat...I'm not sure. Either way, this is unlike anything else I have, so I like it for that alone. I will just have to remember to apply it carefully if I'm not going to use topcoat. :)

Julep Lola

I also received Winter, which looks exactly like the sky here this time of year. I tried to take a few pics with my phone of these nails up against the sky, but they did not come out very well. You'll have to take my word for it. ;) This polish went on nice and smooth and dried shiny. It is a pale grey-blue cream.

Julep Winter

Last, I have Autumn. She was an add-on and I am so glad I got her! This is a glitter with multi-sized metallic red and orange glitters in a clear base. I decided to try it out over Winter, since it looks like our fall trees against the gray sky. I think this glitter would also look really awesome over a golden yellow, so I'll have to try that out at some point.

Julep Winter and Autumn


Thank you so much for looking. I'm working on some pretty autumnal nails for Thanksgiving as we speak and will try to have them posted by Thursday. I am so excited for the holidays! My sister and her boyfriend are here now and I am so happy to see them. In a few short weeks, they will be back and even more family on both my side and my husband's will be here! Yay! Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.