Monday, May 6, 2013

30 Day Flower Challenge Day 4: Calla Lily

Hey all - I took a small break from studying to get this mani done for the challenge, and also wanted to share with you that Dahlia from datyorkLOVES and I, have decided to extend this challenge until 2014! We thought it would be nice to have anyone who is interested in completing this challenge have the ability to set their own schedule, anytime from now until 2014. All you have to do is grab the image so you know what design to do and the inLinkz codes to add them to your post. So please join in and have some fun with us! We would love to see your flower-inspired nail art, but don't want anyone to feel that it is too overwhelming.

Hopefully this will encourage more people to do the challenge and really have fun with it! I will be completing the challenge through the month of May, but may have to extend out into June a little bit (whoopsie) so come with me. You can start whenever you want - after exams is probably best! ;) I'm having fun with this challenge, so I hope you will too!

Now on to the nails! It turns out, calla lilies are hard to draw! I did my best though, and am pretty happy with how these came out.


For this mani, I started with Rimmel Rags to Riches for my base, then used Pure Ice Super Star! for the base of the lilies and outlined it using Pure Ice Kiss Me Here. I used Pure Ice Vintage Glam to paint the spadix on my lilies.


Here is Rags to Riches all by itself. Its the first Rimmel polish I have ever used, and it is a nice color. The formula is good too, although it took a really long time to dry, even with Seche Vite.


Thanks for looking and be sure to look at what the other girls did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.