Thursday, May 30, 2013

30 Day Flower Challenge Day 28: Cherry Blossom

Good morning! Oh my, I am so excited about this manicure! I went all out on this one, and it only took me about an hour to get this result. I love cherry blossoms, and even have a cherry blossom tattoo on my foot. I'm sparing you the photo since I know a lot of people get creeped out by feet haha, but you've seen it before if you follow me on facebook, as I post the occasional pedi on there. Anyway, without further ado, here is my cherry blossom mani!



LOVE it! I still can't believe how great this turned out! I started off with a diagonal gradient using Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac and Mint Sorbet and Julep Jessica. After that, I used a small brush to draw in my branches with China Glaze Call of the Wild, and used Sinful Colors Nirvana to accent that. For the blossoms, I dotted on Pure Ice Super Star!, then used my small paint brush and NYC Fuchsia Shock Creme mixed with white to add the shading. I used a dotting tool to add a small dot to the center of each flower/bud using NYC Fuchsia Shock Creme. And, that was it! It was actually pretty simple, but had pretty stunning results if I do say so myself. :)

This first pic is pre-cleanup ;)

Here is my gradient by itself. I had never thought to do a gradient on an angle before, but it just randomly came to me, so I went with it. :)


 Thank you so much for looking and be sure that you check out what the others did for this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.