Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Laid-Back NEW31DC Day 22 - Inspired By Fabric

I was inspired today by a sweater I came across while I was doing the wash. I thought it would be neat to try to do a cable knit pattern on my nails. I thought for sure I would go for something patterned, but when I picked up this sweater, I knew I had to give it a try instead.


For this mani, I started off with a solid base of NYC Midtown. I love love love this pink! It's perfect. Then, I used essie sure shot and Confetti Wedding White to create the cabled pattern and shading. After I finished my cables, I used Zoya Pippa to add the infamous horse and rider, or as my husband and his friend call it, the "kitty". Do not ask me why they call it that - it's something that only cool people know about, and I am not cool - hehe. Anyways, it's not my favorite mani ever, but hey, I tried. I do like how my "kitty" turned out though, just wish I could have made it a bit smaller.


Here is a picture of the sweater I was inspired by.


And here, is NYC Midtown all by itself. Yay!


Well, be sure to check out what everyone else did, and I will see you again for day 23 - inspired by nature! Day 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.