Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 11 - Sea Shells

Day 11 (July 21st) of the Summer Challenge is Sea Shells. I had to think long and hard on this one, but I finally settled on doing sand dollars on my nails. I really like sand dollars and was completely fascinated by them when I was a kid, so here they are.

This is essie Go Overboard, a pretty and dark teal. I used Pure Ice Super Star! for the sand dollars and then added the detail in the center with Pure Ice Kiss Me Here.

Here is essie Go Overboard all by itself, so you can see the prettiness. :)


Thank you so much for looking! A full outline of the challenge can be found here. Please be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge, too!

  1. Theodora from Red Hair and Black Nail Polish
  2. Kaki from GlitterObsession
  3. Cuti-CLUE-les
  4. Whimsical Glam
  5. Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue
  6. Sangy from Lipgloss Affairs
  7. Taya from Taya
  8. Kelly from Adventures in Nail Art
  9. Diana from Nails by Diana
  10. Alexis Leigh from -XOXO Alexis Leigh
  11. Namira from Namira Rahman
  12. Chiro from Nail of This Week
  13. IsaBella at IsaBella's World
  14. Beautilicious Blogger
  15. Nikki from Little Green Heart
  16. Peace Love and Polish

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! I used to love sand dollars too. I think these worked perfectly with the challenge, especially because sand dollars aren't the typical seashell you think of first. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Once again I was trying to ensure that mine would be different. :) I like how they turned out.

      Delete
  2. Your nail reminds me of my childhood when I spent a time in California and Hawaii!!
    Love your painting and your color, it's really pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate that - I first saw them when I went to Oregon. :)

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty :D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just discovered your blog and I love it!
    I'm your newest follower - hope you can check mine out as well : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I love little things and I was instantly intrigued. I could use all the fashion help I can get, and I was excited to see we have some things in common. I'm a big Seinfeld fan, too, AND Gone With The Wind is my favorite book. The movie is good too, but the book is so much better (as is always the case)! I'll definitely put your blog in my RSS feed. :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.