Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Little Pony Nail Art for Rainbow Honey Nail Art Contest

I just wanted to share some nail art that I did for a contest being held by Rainbow Honey. If you love awesome glitter polishes, you will love this polish. I don't actually own any of the polishes now but I would LOVE to get my hands on Koi Pond - it is gorgeous! Anyway, I'm going to show this one off in steps - starting at the finished product.

 I already gave you a glimpse of this lovely color from Spoiled called Plenty Of Fish In The Sea. It is a gorgeous green-blue shimmer that makes me think some mermaid nails are in my future! Here it is before my nail art was painted on.
It's actually a bit more green than this in real life!
 For the next step, I painted on clouds using Pure Ice Super Star!, which is a very nice bright white.

After that, I added some My Little Pony themed nail art complete with rainbows using acrylic paint. The free hand was  a bit tricky for me, since I have tremors, but they stayed mostly under control for me tonight thankfully, so I am pretty happy about how it turned out.


After that, I added a few bits of glitter to jazz it up a bit. Can you have My Little Pony without glitter?!

Then I added topcoat and voila! This is probably the most intricate nail art I have ever done. I hope you like it. If you do, please consider voting for my entry. It can be found at the Rainbow Honey blog, or facebook. If you use facebook, all you have to do is 'like' my photo to vote! Thank you so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.