Sunday, April 29, 2012

Coral & Lavender

I decided that I needed to create a mani with coral and lavender as these are my two favorite colors for the spring this year. It took me a while to come up with something, and executing it also took a while, but I am pretty happy with the results. Check it out!
Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac and Wet n Wild Blazed
Here it is without the flash
I painted all my nails coral, except the ring finger, then used tape to section of 'stripes' and painted over the entire thing with lavender. Here is an image of the work in progress, so you can see how I did it. Here is an image of the nails before I added my design.
These are the scissors I used to cut the tape and make this design. They cut a scalloped edge, and I just cut thin strips with the design to go over my nail in 3 stripes.
 Here is an image of the nail taped off. Sorry the photo is a bit difficult to see, since the tape since is clear and the picture did not come out very crisp.
I was actually going to do something on the ring finger, but decided to just leave it plain, since I have way too much homework and studying to do this weekend. I can't wait until I get more free time! Since finals are in one week, there is a good chance I will only get one post in over the next week and a half, so please try to bear with me on that. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! I need to borrow my nephew's scissors lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These scissors are really inexpensive. I had them already because I'm also really into scrapbooking, but you can pick them up at a craft store for about $2-$3. They're called Paper Shapers. :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.